• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

LG leaks 8k iMac?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Even if this were true (which I doubt), I have to ask "why?" Who needs that many pixels when so much of what we use doesn't even properly support 4K.

Just imagine how small everything would be...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Even if this were true (which I doubt), I have to ask "why?" Who needs that many pixels when so much of what we use doesn't even properly support 4K.

Just imagine how small everything would be...

+1!!!

I was just about to post almost the same thing. And too much too soon, and who would the customers be and maybe add why… ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Stated here often - avoid everything from CNET!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Stated here often - avoid everything from CNET!

First time I've been told that, no joke. haha
I have no need for 8k, thats for sure..
Sold an iMac 21.5 circa 2010 just a few weeks ago... the next desktop will be a 5k.. some day...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
First time I've been told that, no joke. haha

Another tip regarding CNET. Not the safest place to download files/apps. The website has so many advertisements, banners, popups, etc….that actually clicking on the proper thing can be difficult.

Before you know it…your have MacKeeper or CleanMyMac installed by accident…and then BIG problems!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
8k, I cal BS.
Apple have just released their 5K Display iMac. If anything, you will see a upgrade of the Notebook range, so every one of them has Retina, before we go down the route of a 8K display. Considering there wouldn't be a 0.001% of users, if that, that would require 8K. MacPro would get support before anything else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.