• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

leopard delayed again!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PM G4 Dual 867, 1gb, 160gb
The comments are saying that it's fake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
in my view, leopard is much more needed than an iPhone,

Really? Why? Odds are the iPhone is going to bring Apple lots more cash than Leopard and may help bring more folks to the Mac in the long run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Apple email redaction

Date: May 16, 2007 10:47 AM CDT
To: [redacted]
Subject: NEWS: Disregard Bullet*News Sent May 16 at Approximately 9 a.m. Central--AP/CA/EU/JP/LA/US

You may have received what appeared to be a Bullet*News from Apple. This communication is fake and did not come from Apple.

Apple is on track to ship iPhone in late June and Mac OS X Leopard in October.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I hate to sound like an echo... but it looks like a false alarm (hence the headline 'False Alarm').

Even so, I am not sure how critical Leopard is at this point - Tiger does not have any issues and Vista has only just caught up.

The only thing I don't want delayed is Mac Office 2008...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
in my view, leopard is much more needed than an iPhone,
:(

Really.....what for??

I don't care. If you want to delay it for next year...it's fine for me.

Give us something really useful right now.

As said before....I prefer to have MS Office 2008:mac release instead of Leopard...

OSX is an awesome OS! I don't have a logic reason to prioritize this update right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Rumor sites are good for stirring the imagination, but the only place I look for release dates and the like is Apple.com

As said before....I prefer to have MS Office 2008:mac release instead of Leopard...

Too bad apple has no control over Office so its release date has nothing to do with Leopard or the iPhone

Reaction score
........Even so, I am not sure how critical Leopard is at this point - Tiger does not have any issues and Vista has only just caught up......

I agree - I have wondered what all the excitement was about Leopard - Tiger is such a great OS. It is not like it is broke.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
Too bad apple has no control over Office so its release date has nothing to do with Leopard or the iPhone

Was just talking about necessities here, not regarding individual responsabilities.

OP
chrisgrieve
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
that is why i said " in my view" an iPhone isnt high on my list, dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with tiger, but just cant wait till leopard comes out.

also i miss understood the link, so im glad that it is false

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The only thing I don't want delayed is Mac Office 2008...

Totally agree. I don't care much for the iPhone or Leopard. Give me a Universal build of Office!!!

Oh btw, the Engadget page has debunked the entire thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
some comment say it is fake. but if it is true then it SUCKS ! apple took the mick out of MS for vista sooo much and now they r delayed - doesnt really work !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
some comment say it is fake. but if it is true then it SUCKS ! apple took the mick out of MS for vista sooo much and now they r delayed - doesnt really work !

Dude, click on the link. The entire post is crossed out and it was just a bad rumor. It's NOT real

Reaction score
I agree - I have wondered what all the excitement was about Leopard - Tiger is such a great OS. It is not like it is broke.
No, but Spaces and Time Machine will be awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
No, but Spaces and Time Machine will be awesome.

Spaces has been on KDE based GNU linux distros since before the wheel was invented (you'll soon get bored of it) and I am not convinced about Time Machine, because it's basically like not being able to delete anything. I'll hate that! :Angry-Tongue:

Sorry for being negative... I think the best I can hope for out of Leopard will be some GUI improvements, in the style of Front Row, finder improvements (it's still mildly naff) and I am kinda curious about Safari 3...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually, I find Spaces will be quite useful. I have VirtueDesktops installed and it's a great tool. I would find it difficult using my Mac without it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Totally agree. I don't care much for the iPhone or Leopard. Give me a Universal build of Office!!!

Oh btw, the Engadget page has debunked the entire thing

Universal isn't even my main concern. 2004 runs perfectly acceptable for me on my MacBook. I just want it to be up to par on features with Office 2007, which is absolutely incredible and the reason I will have XP installed with BootCamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I think the biggest goof here is the fact that someone apparently hacked Apple's corporate email and was able to distribute a false message!

Whether it's true or not, who knows. Apple will never confess if it is.

Reaction score
The rumor whether it's true or not is a game they play. Let me ask this, would a user buy a new laptop/desktop today if Leopard was coming out next week? The answer would be no, people would wait. The build up starts, nobody is buying laptops, then out of the blue there is a delay, now people buy. Anytime sales slow down, thus the rumor. It's always about the dollar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook c2d 2.16ghz 1gig ram 120 gig hdd
Really? Why? Odds are the iPhone is going to bring Apple lots more cash than Leopard and may help bring more folks to the Mac in the long run.

I agree, The purchase of my 5g ipod (and dissapointment with vista) have lead me to buying a macbook. I doubt I would ever buy the iphone, (too much$$, wrong service, and I do not want everything in one device.)

I would like to see apple healthy and start knocking m$ft down a notch or two!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.