Leap of faith!

OP
G

gloriroze

I'm overjoyed! My PowerBook is beyond my wildest hopes and dreams for a laptop. I've had it since last Friday but have been in a remote mountain cabin and wasn't able to install an internet connection until today. During the past week I've been learning my way around and have been delighted by how incredibly easy and intuitive OS X was to learn.

I am a bit confused by something about the Dock. Does it scroll so you can see new items you've added?

Cheers!
Gloria

OP
C

Cloudane

It resizes to accommodate whatever icons you have on there. It seems best to only put the icons you use the most so it doesn't get too crowded/small. What you can do is drag the applications folder onto the right-hand part of the dock past the partition (where the trash can is) and when you right-click on it you have basically a Start Menu a'la Windoze.

OP
G

gloriroze

Cloudane said:
It resizes to accommodate whatever icons you have on there. It seems best to only put the icons you use the most so it doesn't get too crowded/small. What you can do is drag the applications folder onto the right-hand part of the dock past the partition (where the trash can is) and when you right-click on it you have basically a Start Menu a'la Windoze.

How clever! I never cease to be amazed by how many cool little tricks their are on a Mac! :) Thanks, Cloudane.

OP
V

VastDeathmaster

Cloudane said:

I have to say thanks too! Having an iBook for about a year, I've draggedthings onto the Dock but didn't know about the rightclick popup. I have always kept my Home folder there (the house) and rightclicking on it opens up the same way. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.