Laser pointer recording on powerpoint

Reaction score
dear sirs: I have a powerpoint 365 for mac. Want to know if I can record also the laser pointer while recording audio. I have and Imac with high sierra (Upgrade not available) amnd a macbook pro with mojave. I tried to doit in the macbook pro without success
I don´t know if this is the way to ask.
Thanks a lot for your assistance
Sergio

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums Sergio! :)

Follow these directions from Microsoft:

PowerPoint For MacHow To Record Movements Of Laser Pointer
  1. Go to the tab “Slide Show” which you will find in the group “Set Up” and point to the arrow which you can see next to “Record Slide Show”.
  2. You can press “Start Recording from Beginning” or “Start Recording from Current Slide”.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi thank you. Yes I already made those steps. In fact I have several medical presentations with recorded audio. But I fail to record the laser pointer. I move the pointer but that is not recorded. This is importante because otherwise you need to fill the slides with arrows and mention each one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi chscag, May be this is not possible with MAC?

I think you are correct.

But I wonder if you could use Apple's native Quicktime to record your Desktop. What I'd try is to open PPT from Slide 1, then start Quicktime and keep it on as you progress through the PPT presentation. This will certainly record your pointer provided the pointer is your Mouse Cursor. I think that might work?

You can save the finished File and send it to others.

See here:

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It seems that Microsoft is a bit slow about getting Office 365 for the Mac up to speed with Office 365 for Windows. However, I wonder why they say in their instructions that recording the laser pointer in the Mac version is possible?

The instructions I gave the OP are those from Microsoft. ???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.