laptop to tv problems

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Im having some trouple getting sound to work from my macbook to my 50 inch samsung projection tv. I can get my video working its just my sound that wont work. I have the "stereo Mini-to-RCA "Y" Cable" iv tried every audio jack on my tv but i wasnt lucky. some help on this subject would be appreciated.

P.S i am not computer smart so please use the simplest advice possible lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Are you using HDMI input on the TV? Do you have an audio receiver? If so then it would be better to hook up the audio straight to that. If not then perhaps there is an audio setting to select an input?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Are you sure all cables are in working order? Which input are you using on your TV. Which ports in the back are you plugging it into?
I use the same setup. I have a Y adapter that converts the mini-phone into the audio RCA connections to connect to my receiver.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.