• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

Lacie Lightscribe in g5?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
Anyone have an internal Lacie dvd burner installed in their powermac g5? I am looking into getting one for my computer but am not sure of compatibility. Is the lightscribe a cool feature or overrated?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.7.5 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.11.6 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
I have an external laCie DVD burner, which works very well with my powerbook. I am looking at get the external LaCie Lightscribe firewire DVD burner when it finally comes out.

K

Kokopelli

Well, the LightScribe DVD burners are still on pre-order. Current shipping is early to Mid April (delayed from the original shipping date of March 15). For me it is worth it. I never properly label my stuff and this will make it a bit easier. Also if I need to send something to a client quickly (some require physical format) this will hopefully allow me to make it look more professional than a stick-on label.

K

Kokopelli

Yep, that is the one. Maybe my order got bumped back to fill other orders? All I know is I pre-ordered it a little over a month ago and received the email below earlier this week.

Valued LaCie Customer,
Thank you for your pre-order of the new LightScribe DVD+/-RW. Due to unexpected delays, this product will not be available until Mid-April. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience. Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Kokopelli said:
Yep, that is the one. Maybe my order got bumped back to fill other orders? All I know is I pre-ordered it a little over a month ago and received the email below earlier this week.
Yeah, I pre-ordered at the beginning of February. They initially stated the product would be available towards the end of February and then announced the release date of 3/15. My pre-order also states "set to ship April/May" so hopefully sooner than later.