Keychain not found

Reaction score
I have a Imac 1 year old. I just installed microsoft office 2008 on it. Now i get this message every time i open safari and surf for a while.
Keychain not Found
A keychain cannot be found to store "Safari"
i have two choices.
"cancel" or "restore to default"
When i hit cancel safari runs for a while and then the message comes back. if i choose restore i have to enter my password then safari runs for a while and the mesage goes back. Any idea or help. Plus I have these wierd sound coming from from the speaker. It is a single tone like "DOM" and it repeats all the time. I tmake snoise when safari is running. do not know if it make noise when other programs are running. Any ideas on how to get rid of mesaage and sound besides removing office.
Thanks

Reaction score
You need to delete your corrupt login.keychain file which is in ~\Library\Keychains. Then when you need to use it, the application will create a new one for you.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Before you go deleting anything try repairing your Keychain - it has worked for me.

It's found in:

Keychain Access - Keychain First Aid

And if you store as much in there as I do, at least get yourself a cheap flash drive to back it up if nothing else.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks
I tried the repair and nothing changed.
I ran the ONYX program and it fixed my Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.