Keyboard not working

Reaction score
sorry to post such a similar thread to so many before but i have spent the last 2 hours looking through forums for an answer to my problem and have not found one. my enter and shift buttons have stopped working hence the lack of paragraphs and marks. i do not think it is a hardware problem. i have never spilt anything on my keyboard and take excellent care of it. iv tried looking through preferences and resetting keyboard settings to default settings. i did notice however absence of keyboard related files in my library. i dont know if this might have anything to do with it but thought it might be important. id be really grateful if anyone could help me out. thanks. harry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Some more detail about which Mac, OS & keyboard type you have will help but first things first . . . . do you have a different USB keyboard you can try?

That'll nail down if it's hardware or software to some degree

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.