Keyboard in Bootcamp?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::
I just installed xp using bootcamp(had to have xp for a class) and I was trying to use the number pad on the right side of the keyboard and it doesn't work. How do you make it work!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried setting Numlock on? Also make sure the Windows keyboard driver is installed from your Leopard disk.

Regards.

Reaction score
I am running XP via Bootcamp as well, and noticed the same thing last night: with my external Apple keyboard, the number pad doesn't work.

I tried looking for a num lock button but as far as i can tell, there is not one....

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::
Yeah I don't know where the numlock button is! I did install the drivers from the leopard disk. I really need that number pad, because the only reason I use windows is for excel in one of my classes and if I don't have the number keypad I might as well just use my laptop:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
You might need Windows drivers that you don't have. If all else fails, you can buy a Windows compatible keyboard for $20.

Reaction score
Kind of a related question:

I have a wireless Mighty Mouse, and have noticed it does not work in XP via Bootcamp. Is there something I am missing, or is that the way it must be?

Reaction score
if you have the new aluminum keyboard the clear button acts as the numlock, press the clear button and you will be able to use the number pad!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.