Keyboard help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air mid-2013 4GB, and other machines
I decided to finally retire my ancient iMac, and just use this MacBook Air with a Dell monitor my wife got to use with her Windoze work laptop.

So, I need a keyboard. And ironically, a couple of months ago I sold off a Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad, which I'd probably just use if I still had them.

What I'm looking for, does it exist:
1) I'd prefer BLACK due to dirt
2) Bluetooth or actually wired could be fine. I'm not into wireless dongles, due to wanting to plug other things in.
3) Actual Mac keyboard with COMMAND and OPTION and such Mac keys, not some "compatible" thing (unless there is a trick to that).
4) Built-in trackpad would be nice

???

I looked at SmallDog.com but black ones looked like Windows keyboards...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
MBA come with mult-touchpad and keyoard inclusive. Suggest wireless and a plastic skin cover. And talk about a monitor? They are also inclusive. All genuine Apple keyboards have both option and command keys.

Quite sure you do not mean a Mac Mini?

C

chas_m

If you want to use the MacBook Air's keyboard, I'd suggest buying a black silicon keyboard cover from kbcovers.com. I've tried a wide variety of keyboard covers (due to naturally oily skin) and they are the best by far.

Otherwise, take a look at Mac keyboards from Logitech and Microsoft (yes, that's right -- Mac keyboards from Microsoft!). Some even come with number pads if you care about that sort of thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.