Key / Trackpad Jam or Something

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Snow Leopard Version 10.6.8, 4 GB. I got it at the Apple Store in my Local Mall (Sears)
About a month ago I had a problem with the space bar with my mac where I could press down on the key, but I would have to force to make it actually sense it. It seemed almost as if something was under the key. My dad suggested sticking a toothpick under the key and trying to pick it out. I saw nothing so I felt around with the toothpick. I thought I felt something and removed it. But after I removed it I can to the horrifying fate that I had accidentally removed the part that makes the key go up. I couldn't use the key at all now. We brought it to the Genius Bar and I was without it for 2 long days. When I got it, it was all new, but my dad made me give him 40 dollars from my allowance to pay for some of it. Now though, the Trackpad has jammed up, I thought it was food under the key before but I didn't see anything and I haven't eaten anything in front of it since then thinking what was under there was a crumb of food. I don't want to do the thing with the toothpick and I don't know how much of my allowance will be taken away if I have to get this fixed as well. What should I do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.