Keeping macbook awake while lid closed

Reaction score
I couldn't find the thread, but I remember someone asking if it was possible to keep their macbook awake with the lid closed and i found this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I was the one who posted that thread. :)

But KoDorSean told me that InsomiaX and the other program isn't too safe. One of those fried his hard drive.

You wouldn't want that to happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I was the one who posted that thread. :)

But KoDorSean told me that InsomiaX and the other program isn't too safe. One of those fried his hard drive.

You wouldn't want that to happen.

It could have just been a fluke.. I am sure there are a lot of people that use those programs and have no issues.. Don't let one opinion keep you from trying them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I found that program a while ago, but at the time it didn't support 10.4.8, so I didn't get a chance to check it out. Though admittedly, I still don't know whether it supports 10.4.8/10.4.9 :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I have never used sleepless.. It may work just fine.. I had my issue with insomniaX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The combination of Sleepless and InsominaX didn't work for my Macbook. (I also tried them individually and that didn't work either) But I am using an external keyboard and monitor with a wireless mouse. I think the external monitor helped keeping the Macbook awake.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.