Just wondering..

T

The mac 13

Yo.i was just was just wondering if anyone of ya eva used a powermac g5 2.5 wif 8gb of ram using the microsoft xp emulator and playing games such as cs? does it have hiccups? :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Apple is not yet shipping the dual 2.5 G5, as far as I know.

Anyway, what sense would that make?!?
A dual G5 2.5 with 8GB of RAM costs $7649,-
Add to this about $210,- for Virtual PC 6.1 with WinXP

A good gaming PC wouldn't exceed $3000,- including WinXp (you don't need 8GB of RAM for gaming!!)
For the difference, you can buy a whole bunch of games that certainly won't hickup on that PC.
And even if Macs are not especially good when it comes to gaming, with a 8GB dual 2.5 you can play every actual Mac game without hickups, without the need of WinXP.

Oh, and a little suggestion from my side: instead of dreaming of such extremely expensive hardware, you should buy yourself some english lessons...or is it common in your country to shorten words to just a few letters, so that the reader needs to decrypt your message??
You're not limited in space, so please use ENTIRE words...
Just my 2 cents ;)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Hello The mac 13.

First, as Avalon pointed out, your gonna be spending some big bucks.
Next, Virtual PC does not work on the G5. The G5 version, which is version 7.0, should be out in October.
Next, Virtual PC 6.1 does not have support for 3D graphics. 7.0 will, as confirmed by Microsoft.

And as Avalon said, English lessons wouldn't hurt...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Absolute Zero said:
Hello The mac 13.

First, as Avalon pointed out, your gonna be spending some big bucks.

And as Avalon said, English lessons wouldn't hurt...

Maybe you and the original poster could get a two-for-one deal on those lessons... ;)

your = the possessive form of you
you're = the contraction of "you are"

:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
At least you could understand that. I mean, mac 13's post is almost unreadable.

Safari needs a spell checker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Absolute Zero said:
At least you could understand that. I mean, mac 13's post is almost unreadable.

Safari needs a spell checker.

I agree. I'd imagine one actually has to really try to write in that "e-thug" style, which I never really understood, but oh well... :rolleyes:

As for Safari, it actually does have a pretty nice built-in spell checking feature. It can even be set up to check as you type (similar to MS Word). You can check it out in the "Edit" menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ooo... thanks for that tip! Never knew that! :D

OP
T

The mac 13

Avalon said:
Oh, and a little suggestion from my side: instead of dreaming of such extremely expensive hardware, you should buy yourself some english lessons...or is it common in your country to shorten words to just a few letters, so that the reader needs to decrypt your message??
You're not limited in space, so please use ENTIRE words...
Just my 2 cents ;)

i m just lazy to type full words.. :eek:

OP
T

The mac 13

Padawan said:
I agree. I'd imagine one actually has to really try to write in that "e-thug" style, which I never really understood, but oh well... :rolleyes:

you r rite. i write in hip hop language..hehe sori.. ya is you..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Oh, so it's hip hop language...
do you know any good Hip Hop to English dictionnary? That would help to read your posts then...I'm fluent in 5 languages, but unfortunately it doesn't include hip hop language. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah, the english language is slowly being destroyed so only the elite can understand what other people are saying, then again the business world still uses english and tries to use it correctly, so maybe I will be able to continue understanding people for a little while longer :)

OP
T

The mac 13

Murlyn said:
Yeah, the english language is slowly being destroyed so only the elite can understand what other people are saying, then again the business world still uses english and tries to use it correctly, so maybe I will be able to continue understanding people for a little while longer :)

yo moderator dude..how to put a display pic here?i cant..can teach dude?

OP
T

The mac 13

Avalon said:
Apple is not yet shipping the dual 2.5 G5, as far as I know.

Anyway, what sense would that make?!?
A dual G5 2.5 with 8GB of RAM costs $7649,-
Add to this about $210,- for Virtual PC 6.1 with WinXP

actually if ya look at just hype it technical specs u will c 8bg..but i think its xserve..right just hype it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanx for the dictionnary, Dude :D

Yep, hype.it as 8GB of RAM...in a dual 2GHz G5, not dual 2.5 (lucky rich guy :p )

8GB are available, if you have the money, but the dual 2.5GHz G5 is not yet shipping... you can pre-order it though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Click on the Profile button around the top of the page and you'll be able to change your "avatar"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know how to change my "avatar", but why should I? :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not you, someone before you, earlier on in the thread asked how to do it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.