Just got my MBP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz 2 Gig Ram 120GB HD
I just picked up my MBP today! I've never had an Apple product before and so far I've been impressed with everything but the price :) I got the 15" 2g, 2.33 Ghz version. I had asked for the glossy screen but was given the matte screen instead... so far I haven't regretted the mix up. Kinda bored right now, reading through manuals teaching me how and dealing with no real mac software onhand other than what the MBP came with. I'm sure you will be hearing more from me in the days, weeks and months to come!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
Welcome to the forum. You won't regret having a mac as all of us have. You may want to call your vendor on the mix up re screen and have it replaced if you don't want to keep it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz 2 Gig Ram 120GB HD
I've got 15 days to figure out if I want to keep it or trade it back in for the Glossy screen, so far I'm liking it but I haven't got any of the programs that I'm wanting the mac for on here yet so it might change. I'm allowed to return it so long as I dont register it with Apple within the 15 day period, but I'm sure plenty of people fail to do that anyway :)

Reaction score
I just got the same thing =) Yay! We're both n00bs... Lol
I purposely got a matte screen, it's much better for graphics. Plus, NO GLARE!!! My old HP Notebook glared like a mother, I don't miss it at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Congrats- you made a great decision.

Reaction score
Congrats! I'm jealous of both of you.
I was so close to taking the plunge the other day, but decided to hold off another week or so. I don't think I can resist much longer than that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
Congrats and have fun with it! I have the same setup - I ended up getting the matte and I like it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Congrats to both of you. I think you will find the peacefulness of using the Mac over PC a welcome feeling.

Reaction score
I am also a new Macbook Pro owner. Same model as
the author of this thread.

I ditched my $3k Lenovo laptop in favor of this Macbook Pro
and I have not regretted the purchase for a second.

I am a long-time PC user who grew tired of Windows. In
January I bought my first Mac Pro. Three months later, my
first Macbook Pro. That should tell you how friggin' impressed
I am about Apple, the quality of their product and OS X.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my very first post here. I too have just gotten a MBP, yes this is my first Mac. I have always been a PC user (in fact I started my career selling compaq pc back in the late 80s) The main reason I jumped on the Mac band wagon, photos look so different on the mac and it's just turn on the machine and off you go. I remember messing around with dos prompts just to configure and setup my PCs.

So far I am loving the mac, only thing now is trying to get use to the commands and keyboard. One thing that I am still not use to is there isn't a dedicated page up/down key and that is driving me a little nuts. (I know, I know, each of us have a little weirdness wired in)

Hope to learn more tips and tricks from everyone here.

Cheers, danc

Reaction score
Congrats on the new machine and welcome aboard. You'll find plenty of tips around here and other places online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Congrats on the new machine! I bought a MacBook a while back with a glossy screen and HATED it. My MacBook Pro on the other hand has the matte and it's quite nice.

Either way, enjoy your new Mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
congrats man!!

I have the same setup as you, with glossy!

I was not sure about the glossy, as my mom's notebook is a HP with glossy display. That sucks big time!!

But the glossy of my macbook.....Think bright!!

It's incredible cool, and I have absolutely no problems with reflection. Just keep screen brighteness at max.

cya

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Hi everyone,

This is my very first post here. I too have just gotten a MBP, yes this is my first Mac. I have always been a PC user (in fact I started my career selling compaq pc back in the late 80s) The main reason I jumped on the Mac band wagon, photos look so different on the mac and it's just turn on the machine and off you go. I remember messing around with dos prompts just to configure and setup my PCs.

So far I am loving the mac, only thing now is trying to get use to the commands and keyboard. One thing that I am still not use to is there isn't a dedicated page up/down key and that is driving me a little nuts. (I know, I know, each of us have a little weirdness wired in)

Hope to learn more tips and tricks from everyone here.

Cheers, danc

welcome

any probs - we;re here to help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.