Just bought refurbished, will I be ok?

Reaction score
well, with the recent upgrades I thought I could get a really good deal on a refurbished macbook. I found one of the middle level line, 2g processor, superdrive and 80g hd for $999 and decided to go for it. I don't have to pay tax and shipping was free, so it was basically right at a grand.

I know I could have gotten a new one with a slightly faster processor, 40g more hd space and quicker wireless, but that few hundred bucks will now go for apple care i think.

Any thoughts? Anyone else buy a refurbished before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I bought a refurb. Macbook Core Duo 2GHz back in November and had no problems with it before I sold it in Feb. I sold it for a refurb Core Duo iMac and its been running smooth since Feb. You will be fine. btw, You have a whole year to buy the Apple Care.
Bryan

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for the reassuance and the info about buying applecare, I knew I didn't have to buy it now, didn't know i had that long though.

thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Thanks for the reassuance and the info about buying applecare, I knew I didn't have to buy it now, didn't know i had that long though.

thanks again.

Yea, you just have to buy it before the normal warranty expires.
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD
Everything, including 3 Ipods and my Macbook, has been bought via refurb and I haven't had any problems so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Over the years I also bought Refurb equipment, never a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Another happy refurb MacBook owner here. You've made a good financial decission going for the refurb.

One of the reasons I went for the Refurb was because I just couldn't wait any longer for a MacBook (love 'em) and thought if I went for the refurb option I could save enough cash to buy Leopard when it eventually comes out :)

As it happens, I didn't save the cash - I could have - but spent it soon after on something else instead - but my intentions were good! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I bought mine refurb and have had no problems, when I opened it up I could have sworn it was brand new. I will definatly buy refurb again from apple. I actually bought the same model you did glenn29, just before it got reduced :Angry-Tongue:

we also have the same name, i'm a glenn too =)

Reaction score
i bought a refurb macbook in jan, very happy. it looked to me as if it had never been touched, not a scratch to be found. i bought my sister a refurb nano 1st gen and would buy more refurbs in the future. they have the same warranty as new! i think i got a little discount on applecare with my student dicsount as well. or if you work at a school you can get that too. good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 Ghz, 1GB
I bought a refurb black macbook 3 months ago and have been happy with it. I wanted to save money and I like that fact they they really look it over. Probably more so than the new ones that leave! When it came, the moulding around the screen (right where it says 'macbook' was popped out. This was a bit nerve racking. I pushed on it a bit and it finally popped back into place. I have no idea how that happened. Anyway, after that scare it's been working great. I did have a screen 'bruise', a dark area, that was most likely my fault. Apple happily replaced my screen under warranty. They were great. I also had a problem with kernel panics. But after problem shooting I found that was due to my Logitec mouse and have been kernel panic free since I got rid of it 2 months ago. It's a great machine. ENJOY!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
it will be like new like described on apples refurb site.....i dont know why everybody thinks something is going to be wrong with it
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.