Just bought a used iPhone, internet not working

Reaction score
I recently just bought a used 16 gb iPhone 3gs and it's awesome so far except the internet isn't working. I have a data plan with at&t and my old phone was an htc aria and the internet always worked fine on it. When i first put my simcard in the iPhone the internet worked fine, but after a few minutes I received a message saying "Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service." So far I have tried resetting my network settings, doing a hard reset, and turning airplane mode on and off. Still nothing. Any ideas on what to do next?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Contact your phone contract provider? They'll be able to tell you if your data plan had been switched off. Will help to see if it's the phone, or something else.

I presume it works when connected to wifi?

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah, it works fine when connected to wifi. I tried calling at&t already but was on hold for forever and figured I'd see if anyone else had similar problems. I'll try calling them again though thanks!

OP
M
Reaction score
Finally got it fixed, if anyone else has the same problem all I had to do was call AT&T and they had to switch my data plan to an iPhone data plan then it all worked fine. Took a couple of minutes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Thought that would have been the case. Glad you got it sorted! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.