Just bought a new MacBook Air m1 model.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Patrick:

Printer software and drivers for the M1 are currently being translated via Rosetta 2 unless the printer manufacturer has provided drivers and software specifically for the new Apple silicon machines.

But that brings about a question. Will printer drivers be developed for the new machines after Apple removes Rosetta 2 sometime in the future?

Something to consider if you buy a new Mac M1 or M2, or whatever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Printer software and drivers for the M1 are currently being translated via Rosetta 2 unless the printer manufacturer has provided drivers and software specifically for the new Apple silicon machines.

Thanks for the info Charlie.

- Patrick
=======

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 m1 MacBook Air , iPhone XR product red, 2008 iMac, Apple Watch 1st generationiPad 8th gen
the printer is an hp Deskjet 3510. installed it over the wireless network by using the add printer function in printers.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 m1 MacBook Air , iPhone XR product red, 2008 iMac, Apple Watch 1st generationiPad 8th gen
I really should look for a new printer, occasionally this printer forgets how to be a printer no matter what device is being used in the house and have to unplug it and power it up again for it to act right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I really should look for a new printer, occasionally this printer forgets how to be a printer no matter what device is being used in the house and have to unplug it and power it up again for it to act right.

Maybe it just needs to be set up again on the devices that it's not working properly with???

Just a thought... But at least you seem to have it printing which seems to be better than some users are experiencing... :rolleyes:

- Patrick
=======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

The HP site has drivers and setup for your HP Deskjet 3510. I just checked and they list drivers for macOS 11.2 Big Sur. It appears that the printer is supported.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can try that, but even on my 2014 mini and windows laptop that were set up when I got the printer, the printer sometimes forgets how to be a printer and the only way to reset it is to unplug it from the power and restart it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can try that, but even on my 2014 mini and windows laptop that were set up when I got the printer, the printer sometimes forgets how to be a printer and the only way to reset it is to unplug it from the power and restart it.

Just a thought to stop some of that annoyance but have you contacted HP's technical support to see if they have a possible solution. One should normally only have to do such a reset once, at the most!!

- Patrick
=======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just a thought to stop some of that annoyance but have you contacted HP's technical support to see if they have a possible solution.

Lots of luck with that. HP does provide fairly good support for their PC line, and also sell an extended warranty for them. (Similar to Apple Care.) But anecdotally, support for printers has not been good.

But I suppose it won't hurt to send an email to their support and ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But I suppose it won't hurt to send an email to their support and ask.

There might even be some Mac support out on the 'net with a Google search on the specific problem(s). Even if it comes down to a suggestion from a clever hacker. There are some pretty clever Geeks out there.

Of course then one has to get past Apple's walled OS Garden... :rolleyes:

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.