Just afew questions....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2Ghz C2D, 2GB ram
Hey everyone;
I have finally decided to 'bite the bullet' and pick up a MBP this weekend. Im really looking forward to being able to use OS X at home on a regular basis.

For college next year, I will need to run a program called Autodesk. Im not too familiar with it, besides knowing that it is CAD software. Through some limited browsing, there doesnt seem to be a 'mac' version of this. Does that mean I will have to run windows as well??
If this is the case, what would be the reccomended way of running windows, Parallels or bootcamp? I figure I will be using windows for this program only.

Thanks in advance. I will most likely have several more questions this weekend!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Since it's for one program only, I would suggest Parallels as that way you can still be in OSX and run your Windows application in a window right in OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Actually I'd suggest looking at Boot Camp. Parallels (like most VM software) only gives you a basic video card in the environment, so you may have some poor quality in the response time of the application. Using Boot Camp would allow you to load the best drivers for the video card, and give you the best user response.

Almost any other software package would probably run fine in Parallels, but anything highly video/graphic dependent will probably have poor performance.

Reaction score
This application might be a Mac version of that Autodesk thing. And it's not even expensive. Through that you don't have any windows crap (wooops, who said that? :Lips-Are-Sealed: ) at all on your pretty MBP :Smirk:

OP
RawfodoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2Ghz C2D, 2GB ram
This application might be a Mac version of that Autodesk thing. And it's not even expensive. Through that you don't have any windows crap (wooops, who said that? :Lips-Are-Sealed: ) at all on your pretty MBP :Smirk:

Unfortunately, Im pretty sure I will eb required to use Auto desk. Worst case scenario; I will have to use some of the Campus's PC's (which happen to be not so terrible).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
I would give a try to Parallels before any other option.

You can download the trial version from their website:

http://www.parallels.com

If your software is too heavy, and running it on a virtual machine does not offer enough for it to run beatifully, then go for BootCamp.

There's no reason for you to let go the beauty of your MBP!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.