Junk Mail Filtering- Can Not Stop It For Only One Account

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Hi All!

I use Mac Mail Version 9.3 (3124) with OS X 10.11.6. (The newest OS & Mail versions my computer can utilize)
For one of the accounts, an IMAP account, the Mail app has lately been filtering junk mail into the Junk box.

It's never done this in the past. None of the other mail accounts from the same provider (sbcglobal), or other providers, are doing this. Some are POP & some are IMAP.

I checked Mail - Preferences - Junk Mail. Enable Junk Mail Filtering is not checked.
I checked at the ISP and Junk Mail Filtering is not on for this account and nothing is in the on-line ISP Junk Mail folder.

The fact that the ISP isn't filtering, makes me suspect something local- within the OS or Mail app.

Searching here & generally on line didn't provide any success stories for the problem when the ISP isn't filtering and Mail app is filtering.

I've read many things about deleting preference files for Mail app wrecking things beyond repair, so I didn't try that potential solution.

Do you all have any ideas how I may stop this behavior?

Thanks For Your Advice!
Paul

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
You could try writing a rule that if the message is junk mail to move it to the inbox. I have noticed that all the rules done run all the time, but it could be worth a try. Detecting junk mail is an option in the rules area of Mail/Preferences.

OP
PGB1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Thank You, Jake, for the genius! plan. So far, it is working great.

My (antique) version of Mail doesn't have a specific rule available for detecting Junk Mail, so I made a rule that All mail with the recipient as that address goes to the inbox.

Enjoy Today!
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.