• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Jobs one of America's best-dressed billionaires

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

Jobs one of America's best-dressed billionaires
September 15, 2003 - 11:34 EDT Apple CEO Steve Jobs is one of America's best-dressed billionaires, according to fashion critic Joan Rivers, who, with the help of daughter Melissa, judged Forbes' annual best- and worst-dressed billionaires list . Donald Trump, Steven Spielberg and Oracle's Larry Ellison also made the best-dressed list. Nike founder Philip Knight and eBay founder Pierre Omidyar were among the worst.

My Comments: I just thought this was kind of funny :)

N

nko

I see a lot of people in their 40's tucking their shirts in to their jeans without a belt. I think it looks kinda funny, but it seems to be catching on. Doesn't look bad unless you're looking for it, though, I guess. And hey, it's more stylish than a big belt buckle, so that's cool with me.

I always think Larry Ellison is scary looking! I read an interview with him in Linux Magazine, and I just got this, "I've got more firepower than a Borg Cube, but don't worry, I don't shoot people less than 1/3000 my size," vibe! Talk about powerful looking. Next to him, a "power-red tie" just looks like a Dilbert tie!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
i think Bill Gates should be on the list of worst dressed people. I don't think he picks his own outfits anymore cause look at when he was younger. He probably thought pocket protectors were useful and stylish

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Jobs is 78th richest person in America

Source: MacMinute.com

Jobs is 78th richest person in America
September 18, 2003 - 22:13 EDT Apple and Pixar CEO Steve Jobs moved up 44 places to be ranked 78th on the 21st annual Forbes 400 list, with his net worth climbing to 2.3 billion in 2003. The top three spots went to Microsoft's Bill Gates (46 billion), investor Warren Buffett (36 billion), and Microsoft's Paul Allen (22 billion).

My Comments: You know.. I would much rather he be where he's at.. then up there at the top.. it makes me feel like he cares about the little guy still.. His concern is to make great products.. not to make lots and lots of money.. even though inadvertingly, he is :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
MacAddikt said:
i think Bill Gates should be on the list of worst dressed people. I don't think he picks his own outfits anymore cause look at when he was younger. He probably thought pocket protectors were useful and stylish

I don't get it... so.. they... arn't useful and stylish?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.