• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Jobs& 4G iPod Newsweek

OP
S

s_ton

I saw that too. It'd be nice to see what the new iPods are like. Man, I wish I could get a new one, but I already have a 3rd gen. Ah, what can you do...

OP
M

menace3054

the second i saw this thread, i slappd my 3rd gen ipod on ebay, if the new one comes out monday my 1 month old ipod will depreciate a ton!

OP
I

iSheep

I'm keeping my 3rd gen because soon as that one comes out, I'm going to be lifted to the next height of coolness: owning a classic iPod. It'll be like owning a Jaguar E-Type.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well I own a 2nd gen ipod, and I think the gen4 looks worse design wise than the gen3, but will probably be easier to use... i never liked the seperated buttons on the gen3...

Who's gonna bet that the gen4 supports airtunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
no...he means like an airport express remote...so you dont have to control it via your computer...you can control it via your ipod...

I think that http://www.macrumors.com would have told us if it had airtunes support!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
From the look of it I'm very glad I waited, now I think I see me iPod! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
witeshark said:
From the look of it I'm very glad I waited, now I think I see me iPod! :)
same here, well, more like "glad I couldn't afford it until now" for me..

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I. Hate. Technology. A lot.
I love my iPod, now I hate my iPod. I love my PowerBook, then I want to give it to hype.it's dad to throw down 23 flights of stairs. AirPort is wonderful, then it's outdated. The only thing I own that isn't outdated now are power cords.

OP
I

iSheep

If you live in the US then you've got outdated power cords that don't have a saftey third-pin.

OP
D

d4rr3n

I live in the US and all the wiring in my house uses the 3 prong plugs. It's fairly common in any home made during the last i dunno 30+ years.

OP
I

iSheep

CaptainMack said:
you probaly have all 3 pronged outlets but not all 3 pronged plugs
indextop06072004.jpg

Two; two plugs. Mwhaha.
count_cape.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
anyway to buy that battery? I like my 3G cause I hate the click wheel for some weird reason. Its just the battery life that ticks me off. 12 HOURS!!!! That can almost last me a trip to the UK! If anyone finds that battery, post a link, cause I want it. I really don't care that its slimmer. My iPod is really slim anyways. Im going to skip a gen or 2. ITS JUST THE BATTERY!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Battery life will tend to vary hugely based on how its run and charged

OP
I

iSheep

They haven't actually changed the battery, they just changed the way iPod uses power. To get that battery life, you have to use a 4th gen iPod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.