iweb publishing

Reaction score
I am having big problems viewing the website that I have uploaded via the FTP sever in iWeb.

I have all the addresses, paths and usernames correct, with the domain pointing towards the host site.

Whilst it 'uploaded' fine, when i click 'view' i get 'this page cannot be displayed'. I have tried everything with the host company and the domain company ... they claim everything their end is working well.

Please help?

--
Felicity Milton

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
What's your homepage called? Some hosts require it to be called index

OP
Reaction score
Dear MightyGem,

Thanks so much for your response!!

The website is: Index of / and the home page should look like this: https://skitch.com/1point6/gc3wf/iweb

But when I go to visit the site I get this message: Not Found. The requested URL /www.rosiemilton.co.uk/index.html was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have gone onto the Cpanel of my domain name and pointed primary and secondary nameservers to my servers: 1.nsjet.com (74.55.138.210) and 2.nsjet.com (74.55.139.250).

I have set the site publishing settings according to 'HostBig' my website hosting company as follows: https://skitch.com/1point6/gc3ww/iweb

i hope this gives you an idea of what may be wrong?

Thanks so much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Sorry. Can't help you any more than that basic question I'm afraid. You might want to think about that link to skitch though. It shows people things like your email address and so on.

Reaction score
I too have had problems publishing. My Host (1and1.com) walked me through. It had to do with my directory and directory naming, home page, etc. I suggest to try again with your hosting company and go through your directory, and exactly what files you want uploaded.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.