itunes

Reaction score
i recently installed itunes on my pc,

i copied all my media into the itunes library

but i only want full albums to be in the itunes library

so i want to more all single tracks how can i do this or am i best to reinstall and drag and drop what i want to be in the library

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
...or you could just delete the tracks you don't want.

OP
A
Reaction score
will deleting them just remove them from itunes or will it delete them for ever

also is there a program to add missing album art?

last question does itunes make a copy of all my songs for the itunes library or does it make links, i just don't fancy having the same music twice on my hard drive its just a was of space

Thank you very much mac people!

Reaction score
. . . does itunes make a copy of all my songs for the itunes library or does it make links, i just don't fancy having the same music twice on my hard drive its just a was of space
Don't know about the artwork, but this post, complete with picture, by dtravis7 explains how to prevent iTunes from copying the files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
When you choose to delete, it will ask you if you want to remove the song completely or just from iTunes. You can select which one you want to do.

iTunes has an option of finding cover art. Go to Advanced -> Get Album Artwork. There are also several programs you can download that do this, and they've been discussed here a lot. I haven't found one that's particularly spectacular, but that's probably because my collection has a lot of obscure stuff in it.

Unless you told it to point elsewhere, your iTunes music is in your Music directory under your username. If you manually copied it to your hard drive and then imported it you can delete the stuff you copied.

Reaction score
For album art, I use Amazon and copy the image to a folder on my MacBook (assuming iTunes can't do it).

OP
A
Reaction score
Also before you do that, open iTunes Preferences, Advanced and the General tab and make sure you Uncheck "Copy Files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to Library". Then it will just use the files on your WD External and not copy them to your systems Hard Drive also.

so if i check the tab it will copy links but not files?

so if i have installed itunes and checked this box does that mean i will have copied them all?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.