iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
How do you get the album covers to show when you flip through them in the music library.
Someone said you have to buy the CDs from iTunes to make them show???
:headphone

Reaction score
G'day MUDCRABS,

You only need to actually already have the album art attached to each song/album etc.

When you are in your Library, there are 3 views:

List, Grouped with Artwork or Cover Flow

In List view the album art is seen in a small box at the bottom of the left pane.

In Grouped with Artwork the album art is shown on the left and the songs from that album are grouped to the right.

In Cover Flow the album artwork is at the top and flips as you scroll through it. If you stop at any particular album the tracks show up in the bottom section.

All that's needed for this to work is that you have added the album art which is available anywhere on the internet. i use the Album Art Widget which 'gets' the art for the current track and allows you to add it to the iTunes song so it will show in any of the above views.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Don't forget you can get iTunes to search for the art work on it's own. It works quiet well . I'm at work so no iTunes here. I think you'll find it in the preferences pane. When you have done that and you still have some blank albums .
Go to the tracks with missing artwork Highlight them type cmd+I and go the the artwork pane and drag the artwork from Amazon(Example) into the space
If you have highlighted a complete album then all the tracks will get the same artwork .
I hope that was clear....Choose the large image view from Amazon for the best results if not try Wiki

Reaction score
Kilted1's advice is very good and I actually have added a lot of album art from the wikipedia and amazon websites. I find them to be more stable than the find album artwork that's built into iTunes.

As Kilted1 has mentioned, go for the largest size especially now that iTunes has full screen Cover Flow.

OP
MUDCRABS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Thank's I'll try on my days off as I to am at work...Bummer:spook:

OP
MUDCRABS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks People, I just messed around with iTunes and the FLOW
Works well and I got some up but I'll finish it up on Thursday (Day Off)

Tasmanian eh..............so do you have two heads...lol (Aussies will understand that joke ;):yinyang:

Reaction score
MUDCRABS,

I'm surprised you weren't aware that these days the 2nd head is surgically removed at birth. It's been that way for a good few decades.

Tasmanian surgeons have become very adept at the procedure and it's really getting hard to spot the scar after a few years pass..... so Overseas/interstate travel has been possible without the associated embarrassment ... (You can just imagine the talk, pointing fingers and disgusted stares ...)

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that when "Cover Flow View" is enabled, iTunes seems to run rather slow? I recently went through my library and found all the missing artwork so that I could enable to flow view, and when it's enabled iTunes (and actually the computer [MacBook 1GB RAM]) runs slowly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Kilted1's advice is very good and I actually have added a lot of album art from the wikipedia and amazon websites. I find them to be more stable than the find album artwork that's built into iTunes.

As Kilted1 has mentioned, go for the largest size especially now that iTunes has full screen Cover Flow.

I tried Amazon for some of my lesser-known music, but found the artwork to be small if they even have it. Now I just do a Google image search for the exact album name and usually get a nice big quality image on the first page of the search. It's better than hit and miss with Amazon or Wiki.

I noticed fullscreen coverflow was a little jerky when I had only 1GB of RAM, but smoothed out nicely when I added another GB.

I wish they would add that cool iTunes-like feature where the coverflow flips to show the individual songs so I can pick the exact song I want then if fullscreen coverflow. It's seems like a no-brainer to add this and make the view much more functional.

Reaction score
I noticed fullscreen coverflow was a little jerky when I had only 1GB of RAM, but smoothed out nicely when I added another GB.

Hm, I'm not sure if I want to spend the $300 for another GB of memory. But maybe I do...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.