Itunes store lost all purchases

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 MDD 1.5 GHZ (OC) 1.25 GB Ubuntu and Leopard INTEL SUCK IT!!
Since late '07 I have had an ipod of some sort and I purchased and backed up my music onto it. My most recent iPod, a 2g touch was stolen in January, it had all my music since I first opened an account. I didn't have a backup on my old PC, the HDD got corrupted badly from a Conficker invasion. So I have no more music, and Apples support site has been unable to answer my two questions:

1. I have legally downloaded all my music from them before, can I somehow redownload all my songs?

2. Where is this said lost music form? It seems as if their site has changed and they're hiding all the addresses and such?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I think they can let you download it again if they choose. Not sure. Where is your backup? Not to sound like the old guy screaming for the kids to get off my lawn, but BACKUP your things!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't have one at the time my iPod was stolen, all my purchases gone... I would like to download at least all my songs from the past 6-8 months. Now I have a 250GB enclosure I backup everything on, lesson learned.

C

chas_m

If you contact the iTunes store via their "Report a Problem" email page, you MAY (repeat MAY -- Apple is under NO obligation here!!) allow you to re-download your purchases ONE TIME ONLY.

It is *inconceivable* to me that people wouldn't *immediately* back up their digital purchases, particularly music as its so easily burnable/backup-able. Apple even WARNS you to do this after EVERY purchase. Now you know why.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Heck yeah, I have all my music and vids ready to be DLed!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.