itunes problem

Reaction score
Hello

iv got ipod touch and mac book pro with osx 16.6.8

ever since i upgraded the system into 16.6.8, when i connect my ipod the itunes doesn't seems to recognize it.
the immediate solution i found is to reinstall itunes and then connecting the ipod, this way the ipod is recognized by itunes but the next time i connect the ipod he doesn't recognize him once again and i am tired of this reinstalling itunes solution.

i hope you can help me

Shiran

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you tried doing a Restore on you iPod Touch?

OP
S
Reaction score
no, im kind of scared to do that cause the music in my itunes is not identical to the ipod so if ill do restore ill need to spend a lot of time in rearranging the music.

what will the restore do that you think can fix this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook ipad2 iphone4wht ipodtouch(3) ipodnano appletv
Problem with ipod

This sounds like an authentication problem. First make sure that all of that music on your ipod is yours and it matches what you have in itunes. Then you can either restore like you did the first time again but without the mismatched music. Or you can do an deauthorize and authorize on your ipod and your mac. I hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.