iTunes podcast downloading

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Hi All,

If I download a few podcasts on my computer at work, how can I ensure (when i get home and copy them in to my iTunes library) that the podcast feed will be updated to now show that the podcast does not need to be downloaded?

OP
D

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
D

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I take it by the silence that this is not possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I didn't quite understand your question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I don't think its possible. Podcasts are not linked to your iTunes account so there's no way for iTunes to tell if you've watched them or not. And the iPhone just syncs with one machine so you can't even physically do the same.

Unless of course there is a way :)

OP
D

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone? Who mentioned iPhone?

Right I will have another go at trying to explain it.

If i load up iTunes on my Mac at home it shows me that i need to download x episodes of that podcast.

Now if i go to work and download the episodes on my work computer, return home and transfer the episodes in to my itunes library folder, i want to be able to update the podcast feed in iTunes so that it now knows i have a copy of the episodes rather than have iTunes still think that they need to be downloaded.

Possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah, that makes more sense. I shall check up on this issue and let you know what happens/how to get by it.

I mentioned the iPhone as a just-in-case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Now if i go to work and download the episodes on my work computer, return home and transfer the episodes in to my itunes library folder, i want to be able to update the podcast feed in iTunes so that it now knows i have a copy of the episodes rather than have iTunes still think that they need to be downloaded.

Possible?

Don't believe it's possible. Goobimama's first post pretty much answered the question. Even if your not using an iPhone or iPod.

OP
D

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't believe it's possible.

Beginning to think so because no one has answered on Apple's discussion forum either.

Was just going to download a pile at work rather than at home, looks like i will have to download them at home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay seriously, what is the issue here.

I have a bunch of podcasts on my iMac. Couple of episodes were missing. So I used the iBook to download those episodes in the office. Then, when I came home using LAN I transferred the episodes from the podcasts folder on the iBook, to my iMac desktop. Then, I double clicked the mp3/mp4/m4a files by opening up that Podcasts folder from the iMac desktop.

They were automatically added to iTunes as podcasts, completing my podcast series. Not only that. I even downloaded some new podcast series, which were not there on my mac. Even those went into iTunes properly, album art included.

So please, explain to me what the problem is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.