itunes match and the beatles

Reaction score
I would find itunes match very useful but am very concerned what would happen to my prized beatles albums. I have the mono versions of all available mono albums and cherish them, would never think of listening to the stereo versions sold in itunes.

The question is will itunes match see my songs as just beatles songs and match them with the stereo version? Apple doesn't offer the mono versions so I would hope it wouldn't match and just upload them to icloud.

Anyone have an answer for a pretty obscure question?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It doesn't replace the songs you have in iTunes. It matches them and makes them available to download to your other devices. So, if it does indeed match these particular songs, if you don't want to listen to the stereo versions, then don't stream or download those matches onto your other devices. Continue to do a manual sync just like you always have.

It also does not "upload" anything that it matches. The songs that are matched are already on the iTunes servers and are simply made available to stream &/or download to devices tied to your account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.