iTunes - Making two songs, one.

Reaction score
I was wondering if there's a way to take two songs and make them into one, or at least remove the "gap" in between. I've got a soundtrack that divided one track into two and I'm trying to "re-connect" the two as the second track picks up right where the other stopped. I tried selecting the two tracks simultaneously, then C+clicking it and selecting "Get info", then under the "Options" tab, selecting "Gapless album" which didn't work, though I know I've fixed this, I think, a long time ago, though I don't remember how. Help me out here?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
Basically you simply want to 'splice' the two songs together? If that's the case their is nothing iTunes can do for you, but in turn, you will need to physically 'splice' those together yourself using an application such as garageband or logic or any other form of audio editing software. If I am wrong I would love to hear the solution with iTunes! Good luck and welcome to M-F!

OP
I
Reaction score
Hmm, problem...

I downloaded the supposed ".zip" file via the link you provided though all I received was this...

screenshot01s.jpg

Where's the .zip file? I tried following the instructions, but without the .zip file, I am obviously unable. Wrong file or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
That file called Track Splicer (the bottom one) should go in Hardisk/Library/iTunes/Scripts/

If there is no Scripts folder in there just create one.

Next time you open iTunes there will be a scripts menu

OP
I
Reaction score
Ah, okay, I got the Script Menu icon up in iTunes, though now...

screenshot01dv.jpg

Sorry if I'm a newb to all this, lol, I've never used scripts before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are the files you are trying to join MP3s?

OP
I
Reaction score
Are the files you are trying to join MP3s?

Negative, they're MPEG audio files.

WHOA! Hang on, just fixed the problem (though now there's another), sorry for all the trouble. I selected the two tracks I wanted to join, and BAM, done. Thanks for all the help guys; Louishen.

Whereas I successfully joined the two tracks there's still a small gap where the first used to end and the other began. Though now, it won't let me join another two tracks. It asks me if I want to join the two, but the time listed for the track is still the length for one of the songs, it didn't combine them. Another problem? Ugh.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.