iTunes is Having a Problem Downloading Songs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook and iPod
So, here is the story. I would really appreciate it if you read the entire thing before posting. I used to have iTunes on Windows Vista. After awhile, I decided to move my library to an external hard drive (ExHD) because I decided it was taking up too much space on my old computer. I did everything the way I was supposed to and it worked fine.

Then I had this HUGE problem with Vista and had to reset it to factory settings. I put iTunes back on it, but this time I could not edit any of the info about the songs and the place where the artwork should have been when songs are played said "Artwork not modifiable" unless it was a song I had bought off of iTunes, in which case the art would appear.
I sort of ignored t because the songs still played fine. After several more problems with the computer, and having to send it in for repairs, i got fed up and got a MacBook.

Please note all the songs are still on the ExHD
I set up the iTunes on my MacBook, but the artwork was still non-modifiable. I want to keep the songs on my ExHD. I went to download a CD today from the iTunes Store, but it does not let me. Next to the songs in the Download "tab" it says Stopped Err -61. I also get a pop-up that reads There was a problem downloading (song info). You do not have the privilege to make the changes. Please check that the connection to the network is active and try again.

I would really like to know how to fix this problem and would appreciate all the help. Thanks so much ahead of time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.