itunes crashes on Mac book pro

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
im using the mac book pro 1.83, 512 mb ram and my issue is that my itunes crashed while i was loading songs to the library. now when i click on the icon either in the dock or in apps folder, it opens for literally a second and crashes. ive deleted, re-installed, restarted, done it all over again, again and again and have now given up hope. i need itunes for my ipod as well, which is a huge problem, so does anyone know why this happens ? any help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Have you Repaired Permissions to your Hard disk ?
That may help you to start with

OP
B
Reaction score
Have you Repaired Permissions to your Hard disk ?
That may help you to start with

How do i repair permissions? (sorry if i may seem a bit ignorant) Ive downloaded the program File buddy, is that alright ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
If you are on a Mac
1:go to your applications folder
2.choose Utilities
3.then choose disk utilities -
4. Choose your hard disk (Macintosh HD) and
5.click on the verify permissions button. Then let Unix work for you

If you are on a PC you are on your own I'm afraid. I don't know what file buddy is...sorry

OP
B
Reaction score
If you are on a Mac
1:go to your applications folder
2.choose Utilities
3.then choose disk utilities -
4. Choose your hard disk (Macintosh HD) and
5.click on the verify permissions button. Then let Unix work for you

If you are on a PC you are on your own I'm afraid. I don't know what file buddy is...sorry

Yup, im on a mac and ill try this. thanks a lot.

OP
B
Reaction score
ok i repaired permissions, and deleted and re-installed itunes, and it still crashes within a second of opening. any other suggestions ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
how big is the itunes library ?

cos if it is over something like 10 gb then it can become slightly unstable because ( i think ) of the .xml file.

you could try backing up your music, deleting it off your internal hd and reimporting it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.