iTunes column header font unreadable

Reaction score
Hi...

In my iTunes, the font on the column headers (name, time, artist, album, etc) has gone all wonky. The font is heavy and black and sorta has underlines to it. This isn't the source text or the song text that is in preferences. It's the column headers.

picture3zd4.png

Any ideas?

Thx,
D.

OP
opus_az
Reaction score
Curious...If I resized the iTunes window as small as it would go (hiding some of the columns) then stretched the window back out, the revealed column headers looked fine, even had one column where half the text was bad and half was good. Restarting iTunes fixed all the columns.

Odd.

M

MacHeadCase

Do you have many fonts installed on your Mac? What do you use to manage those fonts, if you indeed have a lot?

It could also be a corrupted font, a font conflict or something like that.

OP
opus_az
Reaction score
I haven't added any fonts that I'm aware of, maybe NeoOffice added some I don't know.

M

MacHeadCase

If you have MainMenu, use it to clean out the Font Cache and restart: maybe that'll help.

Reaction score

I see this occasionally too. This is my quick fix ... I just minimise iTunes and then maximise it again and this does the trick. Other than that I don't know why iTunes does this or how to stop it from happening.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I starting see this too, after doing the latest software update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I see this occasionally too. This is my quick fix ... I just minimise iTunes and then maximise it again and this does the trick. Other than that I don't know why iTunes does this or how to stop it from happening.

I get this too. I've only noticed this on Intel macs, not PPC ones . I have a macbook for home, and a G5 for work, and it's only happened on the macbook. Generally, it seems to occur when I'm using either a) a lot of apps or b) Adobe CS software (CS3 included)
I'm not sure which it is. It could be either, or both, but these are the cases when I've noticed it happening. I've no idea why it happens though.
I'm still running 10.4.8 though, so I don't know if it would still happen on 10.4.9. I just got the iTunes update, so I'll see if this problem persists. It doesn't really affect performance, it just looks horrible :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, this seems to be a known issue... I first noticed it after iTunes 7 was released and it crops up from time to time. Haven't seen it in any other app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.