iTunes and Spotify

Reaction score
This might be completely off the wall but I have a task I am trying to pull off and the Google resuults are mind boggling. I have spotify on my iPhone where I have added more than 24 hours music which I listen to while working out. Adding "published music" is quite simple - type in a performer in the search box and all their music appears and it is a simple click to add any selected number.My problem is I have private music in my iMac iTunes file which I would like to export to spotify on the iPhone. abnd I can't find a way to do that. Suggestions will be appreciated

Thank you

poppi

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
It used to possible to add iTunes content to Spotify with a simple command in the preferences menu. At least you could way back when it was called iTunes. The Apple music app is now called Music and due to "FairPlay" restrictions Music's (and the current PC iTunes) M4P format can no longer be added to Spotify.
This is why I have abandoned Music entirely and now have a Spotify subscription only.
If you have unique music than you really want to add to your Spotify library you can purchase a third party audio converter to change the format of your Music files then import them into your Spotify library online.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.