iTunes Album Art?????

P

PHoMAC

Hi there!

Just a quick question! Where does iTunes save it's album art?
:yinyang:

OP
K

Kokopelli

In the case of AAC it is embedded into the file for each track. I think it is the same for MP3 but I am not positive.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

yes it does becasue if you remove it you can save space on ur ipod.. its not alot of space... but it is some

Reaction score
Where does iTunes save album art?

xthisisRomancex said:
yes it does becasue if you remove it you can save space on ur ipod.. its not alot of space... but it is some

I don't think iTunes embeds album art in the song itself... Why I'm saying this is that I had iTunes in windows, and I applied Album Art to many songs meticulously. Then I copied all those songs to a DVD and transferred them on new macbook.

The album art is not there in any of the songs that I copied. I can't say if the windows version of iTunes doesn't embed the album art specifically.

OP
C

C_Eggly

ITunes dosnt embed the art into the files it creats a folder and is pretty much attached to that file. If you find the hidden folders on your ipod it has a folder for the album art.

Reaction score
C_Eggly said:
ITunes dosnt embed the art into the files it creats a folder and is pretty much attached to that file. If you find the hidden folders on your ipod it has a folder for the album art.

Well, first, I was talking about the macbook, not the iPod. I'd like to rephrase my sentences:

I have few songs in my macbook iTunes library. Let's say I want to burn them on a CD and share them with my brother who lives 8500 miles away. I want to make sure he receives the album art too, along with the songs, when he inserts the songs in his iTunes music library. How can I do that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.