iTunes 7.1 released

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
For those that didn't get the update notice, there is a new iTunes 7.1 release and a Quicktime 7.1.5 update.

There is now a fullscreen Album Cover Flow! It is pretty neat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Yup, downloaded it last night. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Downloaded it when it was announced on Digg yesterday

Full screen coverflow is pretty neat. Using the Macbook's trackpad makes it even neater :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Downloaded it when it was announced on Digg yesterday

Full screen coverflow is pretty neat. Using the Macbook's trackpad makes it even neater :black:

I downloaded the update and forgot to try full-screen coverflow - until today - VERY COOL.

Unfortunately some of my album covers don't look so hot in full screen - but never mind.

Reaction score
I downloaded the update and forgot to try full-screen coverflow - until today - VERY COOL.

Unfortunately some of my album covers don't look so hot in full screen - but never mind.

If you mean they are distorted due to being small, then just find the bigger cover art that's available out there...I usually use Amazon to find album art that doesn't distort when enlarged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
If you mean they are distorted due to being small, then just find the bigger cover art that's available out there...I usually use Amazon to find album art that doesn't distort when enlarged.

Ah yeah, never thought of that - good tip - thanks.

Reaction score
I just did the update thing and I can see what you mean ... just go through the full-screen cover flow and make a note of which album art is too small and then just replace each one whenever you get the chance.

Reaction score
ye its pretty kl just get an itunes account and in settings change it to automaticly download coverart from itunes store for free

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Amazon isn't so hot for getting album art at anymore because they put big white boxes around all of the art now. Walmart has always had higher res pictures than Amazon anyway (according to MacWorld Magazine anyway).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
Amazon isn't so hot for getting album art at anymore because they put big white boxes around all of the art now. Walmart has always had higher res pictures than Amazon anyway (according to MacWorld Magazine anyway).

A lot of albums on Amazon now have user submitted album art which is usually very good quality. Walmart is good but I find choice is a bit limited if you go beyond chart music.

I still find iTunes the easiest and best quality for most things. For albums iTunes doesn't have the art for then I just leave it blank. Apart from the full screen cover flow I don't see any real big changes.

I think I will be sticking with foobar2000 on Windows for a while yet until iTunes becomes more stable and less resource hungry. On my MacBook iTunes runs great though.

Reaction score
iTunes 7.1 = nothin' but problems

I've just uploaded iTunes 7.1 and all of my music and videos will not play smoothly. It stalls pratically every 10 seconds. I am using an eMac that is running Mac OS X (10.4.8). All updates have been installed (to date).

Help!!! What can I do to fix this problem with iTunes?

Reaction score
Full screen coverflow's pretty cool - too bad if you have dual screen it just puts big blank black screen on the unused screen.... anyone know if there's away around this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.