It's Here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
500gig 15.4" MBP @ 2.53ghz w/ 8gigDDR3 + apple remote
I am posting from it right now. My MBP came today! I am so satisfied. Best purchase ever made.

I have already installed Adobe CS4 MC, IWork, and Aperture 3.

So much to learn. lol. it is so different from a pc. but i feel so much more organized on here. which was always my biggest thing with pc's.

Proud MBP owner. :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Congrats. It's always refreshing to hear from happy Mac users. Pics would be nice too. ^-^"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
Although I feel more organized on a PC still, I just like the Mac better. It is probably just a matter of time though. I have this bad habit of not learning how to do things until I need to. Each time, I'm happy I did.

Next step is to learn how to rip movies from my digital video camera. I read David Pogue's article about archiving old family videos, and my interest was piqued when he spoke about automatically doing whole tapes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
if you dont post pics it never happened..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
Congratulations on the MBP. I got my new iMac on Friday, and like you, I think it is one of the best purchases I have ever made.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Couple of links to check out - might be helpful.
Look at this and this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Yeah, we don't believe you bought a mac. We need pics for proof!

:D

OP
doug2484
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
500gig 15.4" MBP @ 2.53ghz w/ 8gigDDR3 + apple remote
See Attached! ;D

It did happen! It does exist!

Also, i broke down and put MS Office on it. Was having some issues with opening .doc's in pages.

lol. I was playing around with it earlier, i even made a movie in imovie for the fun of it. put it on youtube. lol.
see!
just a short clip from new years, put together real quick in imovie.
imovie is really quite nice. lol.

soooo, anyone have any software they swear by? that i must have? since i am going through the process of putting more programs on here.

317753545477_0_0.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
You know, I swear by MS Word & Excel. I got so used to using them, learned all the shortcuts. But if I learned them, I can learn the Mac-specific software too.

Pages can save & open files in any of at least 3 Word formats. Save in RTF format, and you can open them about anywhere. The main thing is that you can't 'Save As' then pick the file type. You have to 'export' then choose the file type.

C

chas_m

There are many threads on here that feature "software we swear by," but my list would mostly comprise Apple's included stuff. So here are the few non-Apple products I really need in my daily life:

1. Toast. I stick with version 9 since it continues to work beautifully. I like to compile music videos I've collected round the world onto DVD.

2. ACDSee Pro for Mac. I'm biased on this (see my signature), but its a powerful batch-operations tool, organiser and soon-to-be-photo editor that surpasses the lovely iPhoto.

3. Disc Cover. Use it to make my custom DVD covers. This + Photoshop = awesome.

4. Delicious Library. Organize my 2,000+ CD collection or my hundreds of books? No problem!

5. Disk Warrior, Carbon Copy Cloner and OnyX. These three tools ($90, donationware and free, respectively) keep my Mac running smoothly. If only AppleJack was compatible with Snow Leopard, sigh ...

6. Audio Hijack Pro. I listen to BBC 7 and other internet stations a lot, and want to time-shift record them. Wiretap Studio is also very good for this, but I got AHP first.

7. FStream and AOL Radio. Both excellent at storing and letting me listen to stations not offered on iTunes. FStream even records (just not as slick as AHP).

8. AppZapper. I never met a beta I didn't like, but how to clean up when you've decided its not for you? There are other apps that TOTALLY remove applications from the Mac, but this has a loud ZAP sound and I'm like 12 years old (emotionally) so I love it. :)

Lastly, iWork. Yes it's from Apple, but it costs extra (best $79 you'll ever spend). Pages is great, Keynote is AMAZING, and Numbers is very cool but I'm not much of a spreadsheet person (but when I need it, I need it to look good, and Numbers delivers on that in SPADES).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
When it comes to iWork and Keynote this is my absolute favourite - Wooji Juice: Presentation Remote - of course one needs the iPhone to use it, but it will impress the Boss.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.