It just won't do it, no matter what I try!

H

Horatio Street

(I've already encountered a problem with the pointer control, and am trying to keep the faith ... however .....)

Until one year ago, I used to be totally Windows. Then I switched to the Mac with the purchase of my iBook -- but believe me, I'm having regrets. I wasn't an "expert" at Windows, but I used it without the problems I encounter with Mac. Here goes:

I simply cannot copy web site images. I use IE for Mac and have Mozilla, too.

No matter what I do, I cannot copy any images to send in an email or to post in a forum.

Back in the days of Windows all I did was click on the image and the browser would capture it. No problems. With Mac it's all about giving me ****.

I know I'm fairly new to the Mac way, but it doesn't have to be this difficult to cope.

Any suggestions on how to copy images so that I can transfer them onto emails or forums? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Try holding down the "control" key while you click on the image. It should give you the option of copying the image to the clipboard, as well as various other options.

BTW, this works using Safari. I can't say 100% whether it works the same in other browsers, though I'd imagine it does.

OP
V

vuschejan

Padawan said:
Try holding down the "control" key while you click on the image. It should give you the option of copying the image to the clipboard, as well as various other options.

BTW, this works using Safari. I can't say 100% whether it works the same in other browsers, though I'd imagine it does.

Also, Try clicking on the image and dragging it on to the desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Just drag any image you want to save/send/upload to where you need it.

What's so hellish about that?

Try it with the usa-flag apple in padawan's profile window above...

Click on it, drag it to your desktop (use exposé to move the window if you can't see your desktop) and then drop it on an empty spot...

It's not hellish, it's just not windows...

OP
H

Horatio Street

As I said, I am fairly new to the Mac way. I know some Mac people hate Windows, but I didn't have to jump through hoops to do something as simple and copying an image.

So I did as suggested ... I dragged the apple image onto my desktop. It copied as "image.php". So I clicked on it and I got a "choose application to open". So I picked something -- anything -- and it didn't open. I just got a garbled mess on the screen. Please tell me that it doesn't have to be this difficult! Maybe 10 years from now, if I don't give up on the Mac, I'll look back on this and laugh -- but right now it's absolute frustration. :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Did you try my suggestion of simply holding down the Control key while clicking on the image?

OP
T

tariq

Dude, its as simple as it is in Windows.

IE Mac: Right-click image > Download Image to Disk
Safari: Right-click image > Save Image As...
Firefox (Probably same as Mozilla): Right-click image > Save Image As...

If you don't have a two button mouse, use CTRL+Click which will bring up the same context menu as right-clicking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hmmm, what OS version are you using?
'cause when I drag the image on to the desktop, it saves it there as "thinkpeaceX.jpg"...

Actually, you haven't said which browser you're using..?

With Safari version 1.2. you should be able to just drag images as i described...
Alternatively just right-/ctrl-click 'em as suggested above..

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Here is some else you can try. You said the file name was image.php, try changing it to image.php.jpg. Then try to open the file up and see what happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.