Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Enjoy your new system.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Is it your first.... yes the pleasure is amazing when your a virgin ;)

OP
I

iSheep

I've currently got it on dual-screen with my 17" Compaq TFT monitor.

Yes, I'm a Mac virgin.

The interesting thing though is what Windows feels like after using this for a 24 hours. Windows feels old like it was made in the 1980s, probably because it was, where as OS X is a new operating system only made a few years ago and it really shows. Everything is much cleaner, clearer and just that-bit-smoother. It has the wonderful graphics, but they don't studder or shake like in Windows.

Another example is that on Mac OS X, you can use the map of the world picture in the Date & Time to set your time zone. In Windows, the map of the world is just a picture and does nothing at all. It looks like Microsoft have tried to copy everything but haven't quite finished it, dispite OS X being made several years after 95/NT.

One happy bunny. I haven't even played with themes yet, I'm saving that for when I get bored of the normal OS X.

OP
I

iSheep

Now this is multitasking to the extreme! I'm importing a CD in iTunes, listening to music in iTunes, I've got Photoshop Elements batch processing a load of files, Dreamweaver uploading another load, I'm surfing around with a few Safari windows open and I'm chatting on MSN and iChat as well.

This is brilliant!

OP
M

m1k

12" is the best PB. It's compact and has a ****ing ****load of power. Congrats on your new purchase, I hope you and your PB have a long and happy married life together ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
::plays the post- wedding march:: Phooey, I can't remember the name of the song they play after one gets married.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your new Power Book, iSheep! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12.1" Mac OSX 10.3.5
You cruel people. I'm still waiting for mine. Thursday will be the day with any luck!

Really does sound like a seriously large amount of power tho, all those apps at once and no Lagg!

*IMPRESSED*

OP
P

psychotoe

iSheep said:
I've currently got it on dual-screen with my 17" Compaq TFT monitor.

Yes, I'm a Mac virgin.

The interesting thing though is what Windows feels like after using this for a 24 hours. Windows feels old like it was made in the 1980s, probably because it was, where as OS X is a new operating system only made a few years ago and it really shows. Everything is much cleaner, clearer and just that-bit-smoother. It has the wonderful graphics, but they don't studder or shake like in Windows.

Another example is that on Mac OS X, you can use the map of the world picture in the Date & Time to set your time zone. In Windows, the map of the world is just a picture and does nothing at all. It looks like Microsoft have tried to copy everything but haven't quite finished it, dispite OS X being made several years after 95/NT.

One happy bunny. I haven't even played with themes yet, I'm saving that for when I get bored of the normal OS X.

It's funny how everyone says that, but it is so true. It's hard to go back to a windows system after bieng on a Mac. Yes it does seem like a very primitive OS compared to Panther. At work I have no choice, all the computers there run Win2000. Heh!! I find myself using apple key commands then wondering why it doesn't work!! (LOL) :p

Enjoy your Mac!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
psychotoe said:
It's funny how everyone says that, but it is so true. It's hard to go back to a windows system after bieng on a Mac. Yes it does seem like a very primitive OS compared to Panther. At work I have no choice, all the computers there run Win2000. Heh!! I find myself using apple key commands then wondering why it doesn't work!! (LOL) :p

Enjoy your Mac!!

Yep, I have the same problem at work...sometimes, I even try F9 and then wonder why the windows on my screen don't float around like they do at home... :confused:

:D :D :D

OP
V

vuschejan

Avalon said:
Yep, I have the same problem at work...sometimes, I even try F9 and then wonder why the windows on my screen don't float around like they do at home... :confused:

:D :D :D

Same here at school :D

OP
I

iSheep

The other thing which I thought was quite funny is how ugly Windows XP is. I haven't seen it for a while, we use Windows 2000 in school and I have turned off the 'nice' XP theme on all the computers at home. I've just been sent a screenshot of some work by a mate, and it really is quite horrible! The green and blue just doesn't work - what were Microsoft thinking?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.