Issues with the new Macdrive

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can help. I download the new version of Macdrive yesterday, 7.2.2 as i'm running Vista 64 via bootcamp on my June 2007 Mac Pro. After installing, i reboot, As windows is loading, it stops then just reboots.

I spoke to someone from Mediafour and ultimately they say this is an isolated incident, the actual hang occurring is caused by one of the Boot Camp drivers (specifically, a chipset related driver for the SMBus). That's all the info i have.

I had installed bootcamp v2.0 x64 drivers then i updated yesterday to 2.1 thinking that might be the problem. Device manager in Vista shows no driver issues at all. Does anyone have any ideas, i'd love to have Macdrive running.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried uninstalling Macdrive 7.2.2 from Vista 64 to see if everything returns to normal? Was Vista 64 working OK before installing Macdrive?

Is there some reason you need to access your OS X drive while in Vista? If it's for file exchange it may be easier to install the Paragon NTFS driver in OS X and access Vista from OS X rather than the other way around.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yeah Vista is fine, on the next boot i had to select boot using last known good configuration. So Vista has no problems. I have a lot of storage space on the mac side, not so much for windows. There is data that i share between both platforms so it's easier for me to access them from Vista.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.