iSight on PC - NOT OVER 'NET!

P

pitythefool

On similar lines to this thread, can iSight be used as a standard webcam on a PC?

When I'm talking about a standard webcam, I'm not too fussed about whether it will work with [insert chat program here], but more whether I can use it as a video camera hooked up to my PC.

The reason for asking is that for my dissertation this year (I do a computer science degree) I need a webcam to provide a view of the world. I'm just about to order an iBook, and so it would be nice to have the iSight with that, for your standard webcam reasons - it would be even nicer if I could use the same camera for my dissertation (on my PC - long story about C++, OpenCV compatibility)...

Cheers.

OP
I

Icarus

at this point, I'm glad I didn't get a isight...not that I have ANY reason for one...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
One of my clients bought me one so that we could video conference with him, the other programmer and myself.. it's pretty nice :)

OP
P

pitythefool

Hmmmm, that article pretty much answers my questions I think... Thank you witeshark ^_^

Think I might just buy a different camera... *but it's so pretty* hehehe

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.