Is this panther or jaguar install disc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
My friend gave it to me. He said it was jaguar, but it dosen't have the spots on it like the jaguar install disc, it looked like panther to me... on the disc it says version 10.0.3

dfh.jpg

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
Also, whats the major difference between os panther and jaguar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
iphix said:
My friend gave it to me. He said it was jaguar, but it dosen't have the spots on it like the jaguar install disc, it looked like panther to me... on the disc it says version 10.0.3

dfh.jpg

If it says 10.3, it is Panther. But if it really says 10.0.3, it's neither Jaguar nor Panther, but Cheetah (10.0), the very first non-beta release. It still has lots of flaws and bugs, is horribly slow and is not recommended to install.

There are so many differences between Jaguar and Panther that listing them here would explode the thread...just google for it, and you will find information.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.