Is there such a program??

Reaction score
I want to clean up my macbook. As in removing files and apps that I've installed that I don't use anymore. I'm looking for a program that will show me all the files and apps that I've put on my computer so that I can get my macbook to the way it was when it first came out of the box. I would do a total reboot but I don't have my music backed up and I don't know how I could save it.
Also does anyone else have a folder named "Xcode" on their drive? I want to delete it, all it has in it is a file named "com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0.strings" Should I delete this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
I've heard of a program called "AppZapper" or something like that. It removes anything and everything that goes along with the deleted app.

Also, if you have all your music on an iPod, you can do a full reboot and then use an app called "Sentui" that will take all the music from your iPod and copy it to your computer.

Hope this helps.

OP
Keef
Reaction score
I have app zapper but I'm looking to do a more defined search through my system to remove all my unwanted files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Did you try Aladdin Spring Cleaning?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
there is also another program that I have previously used in conjunction with appzapper, called whatsize. It shows you in order of biggest to smallest the size of apps, folders, documents, etc... you can view delete them through there or also use appzapper if its an app. Hope that helps a bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
700 MHz iMac PowerPc G4, 640 MB SDRAM, Mac OS X Version 10.4.9
you should definetly try whatsize...its a good program

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.