Is there anyway to reverse Delocalizer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
:eek:neye: I ran delocalizer to remove the non English localization files and now i realise that i have to use CS2 to edit some graphics design and require the other language packs.

I was working on the .psd files on my IBM XP Pro system before I switched over to OS X.

i can still open up the .psd files and they display the fonts and everything else properly, however, when i wish to adjust/edit them, a pop up windows says that editing or rendering will cause the layout to change. and if i click ok, all the text turns into "???"

any advice from the experts?

Reaction score
The only way to reverse the deletion of language files is to reintall OSX. It's not a big deal, as you can do an Archive & Install, which will only reinstall the system, without touching your files.

M

MacHeadCase

That's why I'm not too fond off Delocalizer and apps like that. You never know when you're going to need those languages or if you change printers, etc.

Luckily, there is Pacifist like Browny pointed out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Sorry to butt in .Does this mean you can if you mess up big time you can re install OS X without loosing a single file.....Macs are amazing

OP
Aaagogo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
i took a look at pacifist and the archive and install...

i have tons (CS2, Macromedia 8 Studio Complete, Aperture & Mac office) of programs installed on my MBP, the archive and install option

This option leaves non-Apple-installed (third-party) items intact, though they may be moved, depending on their location. Usually it's best to reinstall third-party software after an Archive and Install installation to ensure they work correctly.

i've tried running pacifist and installed the neccessary language pack (russian) in my case, but still the same error message occur... i did restart my MBP (windows habit) and it still shows the same error when i try to edit it.

any one could shed some light...

thanx

M

MacHeadCase

Pacifist helps you extract packages from the OS install CD/DVD.

The only possible downside to this is if you use that method and re-install on your hard drive a component that is older than what the OS updates have installed so far. This would mean you might have to re-install a Combo Update to make sure all the stuff is up to date and the system isn't confused.

I guess it all comes down to which package you grab from your CD/DVD.

Reaction score
i've tried running pacifist and installed the neccessary language pack (russian) in my case, but still the same error message occur
If you feel you could take another run at it, reinstall all the languages. Some may need others (but this is an off-the-wall guess).

I remember reading somewhere a warning to leave all the English-language choices installed. F'rinstance, don't delete Canadian English or Australian English because if one of them is pulled, it affects the others. I don't know how true that is, though. Maybe the same applies to Russian characters.

OP
Aaagogo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, trying that now... so much for trying to save some space on my MBP...

If you feel you could take another run at it, reinstall all the languages. Some may need others (but this is an off-the-wall guess).

I remember reading somewhere a warning to leave all the English-language choices installed. F'rinstance, don't delete Canadian English or Australian English because if one of them is pulled, it affects the others. I don't know how true that is, though. Maybe the same applies to Russian characters.

Reaction score
Well, I doubt you need Chinese and Tagalog. I deleted everything but all the English choices and all the French choices and have had no problem.

I found that TrimTheFat saves far more space than pulling the languages did.

OP
Aaagogo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i do need chinese, i'm chinese :)

well, reinstalled the complete language pack but no avail... :confused: still the same error pops up when i try to do editing.

i think there's something wrong with my .psd file n not the system config... because even after i ran delocalizer and before i reinstalled the language pack, i could open a WORD doc that was written in russian... so i have no freaking clue what is wrong with the .psd file or with CS2...

i'm going to install CS2 on my other new laptop running Vista and see if the same problem arises...

OP
Aaagogo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
actually i was wrong too, cause there is no language known as Chinese, i need the Mandarin localization package, and all the other dialects uses the same characters, only different pronunciation and enunciations.

ok, the same .psd files works perfectly on my Vista machine which i have just installed CS2 in...

so i guess there is no other option for me other than to reinstall OSX which is going to be the 2nd time i'm reinstalling OSX because the 1st time, for some reason, unknown to me... there was no way i could install CS2 after i installed the Macromedia 8 Studio, so i have to reinstall OSX

and i will post the exact details of how Archive and Install works, what files are shifted where and what 3rd party programs are kept and what are not.

Oops. I knew I should have said Mandarin, Cantonese, Hakka. . . .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.