Is the new Pro true?

Reaction score
There were some rumors that a new pro was coming out these months (October-December) is it true? Does it have a due date? How much will it cost?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Nobody knows anything about anything until such a time as Apple feels like telling the world (and nobody knows when that will be).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
man I know everyone says this but the machines they have out now are amazing. I am sure if they release new ones they will be sick nasty as well but if you are always waiting for the newest you will never buy. If the new pros don't come out in october then everyone will say for sure they will come in January.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
My MBP is just like yours tdll, but I have 2 GB RAM and 250 GB HD. I can tell you that it's a bit overpriced, even some Dell laptops, that are much better in performance, are totally cheaper. Also the Alienware Area-51 m17x which owns the MBP is cheaper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
Oh in terms of price to power ratio of the macbook pro to other windows running devices you are preaching to the converted. HOWEVER, the durability, longevity, and relatively stable operating system makes the extra cash you fork out up front well worth it. I have had 2 laptops in 3 years, a dell laptop "which I found ran significantly slower within the first year" and a fujitsu tablet which cost more than the macbook pro base model and it too had constant problems with over heating, viruses "even with notron" and blue screens of death. Of course, I am sure I don't need to explain this. We all have had Vista and it is horrible!!!! Its not just the hardware you are paying for tarek but the ability to run OSX. There is a reason for the past 5 years, every year more Macs are bought than the previous year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
My MBP is just like yours tdll, but I have 2 GB RAM and 250 GB HD. I can tell you that it's a bit overpriced, even some Dell laptops, that are much better in performance, are totally cheaper. Also the Alienware Area-51 m17x which owns the MBP is cheaper.

Yeah... we're not shopping for the cheapest laptop, we're Mac shopping!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, tdll, I agree. Of course Windows Vista happens to be the worst Microsoft made operating system ever, Windows XP is still intact and is awesome. The problem it had was that viruses and spywares easily screws the OS, that's why SP3 comes in place. Tablet PCs are horrible and really expensive. I borrowed my uncle's HP 2710p Tablet PC two months ago when I was going for a three weeks educational trip, and honestly it was horrible. Anyhow, I never regretted buying MBP and paying all that money, it's really fast, secure, and the design is pretty nice. The first day I got it, I used Boot camp and installed Windows XP, it was my main operating system for a while, but now I only use Macintosh even though I have XP loaded in the other partition :]. Macintosh ftw! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You make some very good points, But here is the thing, I used Xp exclusively for 4 or 5 years and honestly it was more stable than vista but as stable as it was, it was THAT boring. It really didn't make using a computer fun. I don't know if I am the only one who feels that way but I feel that OSX is so much easier to use, and customize. And in terms of power don't forget that PC review found that the fastest Vista running machine was a mac....haha probably the most expensive as well but they didn't include that. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Exactly, Windows XP was secure and fast to use, but in the same time BORING. That's why I always wasted lots of time looking for new themes, programs, games, etc. the essence of Windows Vista is its appearance, nothing more than that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, Retina 5K, 3.6 GHz, 64 GB Memory, 2 TB storage
Well, tdll, I agree. Of course Windows Vista happens to be the worst Microsoft made operating system ever, Windows XP is still intact and is awesome. The problem it had was that viruses and spywares easily screws the OS, that's why SP3 comes in place. Tablet PCs are horrible and really expensive. I borrowed my uncle's HP 2710p Tablet PC two months ago when I was going for a three weeks educational trip, and honestly it was horrible. Anyhow, I never regretted buying MBP and paying all that money, it's really fast, secure, and the design is pretty nice. The first day I got it, I used Boot camp and installed Windows XP, it was my main operating system for a while, but now I only use Macintosh even though I have XP loaded in the other partition :]. Macintosh ftw! :D

I disagree with your asseration that XP is awesome. Over the years it was buggy and required so much attention that it became laughable, particularly when compared to the OS Apple used. The underlying Unix platform is awesome. You prove my point with your comment about all the crap that screwed with XP. A feature of OS stability (IMO) is it's ability to withstand crap.

Reaction score
To the person who even mentioned dell in comparison to mac... Ha. ha. ha.

I have a dell laptop in my room that has gotten progressively slower over time, has two broken screen hinges, has had a bad mobo, and I've been through a good 20 chargers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Capital I know exactly what you mean. So was the case with my dell, and it wasn't a cheap one either but at the time cost over 2k. Yet, in a little under a year it was already bogged down and running very slow. Dells are cheaper for a reason and that old adage, you get what you pay for, couldn't be any more true than it is in reference to computers. On paper they might sound more "powerful" but in actuality that is not the case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To the person who even mentioned dell in comparison to mac... Ha. ha. ha.

I have a dell laptop in my room that has gotten progressively slower over time, has two broken screen hinges, has had a bad mobo, and I've been through a good 20 chargers.

I've had a Dell Inspiron 6000 until the beginning of 2007, and it worked just fine for me. The only problem I faced was that I had to change chargers like every month, and trust me original chargers like the ones I bought from Dell here aren't cheap. My dad has a Dell XPS M1730, and I can assure you that it's a great laptop, great performance, and reasonable price. The greatest thing about it is its performance in gaming, just FANTASTIC. The Alienware seems to be an interesting laptop, since it is not being sold here in country, I've never even tried to work on one before. My worst experience with notebooks was back in 2003 or 2004, can't recall right, which was when I owned a HP Compaq Nx7010, I used to format and reinstall Windows XP SP1 then update to SP2 like every single day or two. It sometimes froze 'n I had to like remove the battery then replace it everytime LOL. Bad memories T_T

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.