Is recovery possible? please say yes (",)

Reaction score
So.. after hours of "googlin'" -like 10
and searching through the forums here, Ive registered to ask this question,

I formatted a partition on an imac I have, was running snow on it, was just a basic quick format.
Ive used data rescue on it and recovered almost everything, that org partition is still totally empty.
Is there any way, to restore it totally, bringing my os back, installed applications and such?
It would be just SO much less work than sorting through all these folders of stuff I have now..
Kind Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
If your post made sense to me, I probably still wouldn't know the answer. Maybe the reason no one has answered is that it's hard to type whilst scratching one's head.

OP
R
Reaction score
sorry then.
hears the deal, I have a partition that had os 10.6 installed

I formatted it by mistake, can i get it back to its original state?

I have ran data rescue on it and recovered many files, but thats it, its still empty(havent written anything to it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If your post made sense to me, I probably still wouldn't know the answer. Maybe the reason no one has answered is that it's hard to type whilst scratching one's head.

I spent a bit of time scratching my head trying to make heads or tails of this, went a away, came back to, and a bit more head scratching, and now that I'm typing, I figured maybe I could put this one out there.
So, is what the op is saying.....
-Deleted partition.
-Used data recovery software which gave him a bunch of folders.
-Is now asking if there is a hidden magic button that can be pushed to magically reinstall Snow leopard, and put all these folders and there contents back where they were?

So, if the magic button solution is the question, then that would be a NO.

If this is not the question, then perhaps the op could be a little more specific without putting in things like "basic quick format".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I will say yes to please you.

The answer is still no however, as formatting wipes everything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.