Is my machine Quad Core

Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies about the question if its obvious, but Im wondering if my machine is quad core. In "About my mac" is says that the processor is a 3.4GHz Intel Core i7 and its the new thin design machine purchased around Summer 2012.
How could I find out?

Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies about the question if its obvious, but Im wondering if my machine is quad core. In "About my mac" is says that the processor is a 3.4GHz Intel Core i7 and its the new thin design machine purchased around Summer 2012.
How could I find out?

when you goto the about my mac click on more info and then system report, in there it gives all the details about your mac. including the number of cores.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It is a four core. For all inquiries like this download a little app called Mactracker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.5; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.5; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
It is a four core. For all inquiries like this download a little app called Mactracker.

@ Drakonian - just to illustrate the information obtained from the two suggestions given: 1) First screen capture from 'About This Mac' w/ more information - blue arrow shows that my early 2013 rMBPro has 2 cores; and 2) From Mactracker (again arrow shows 2 cores) - so this data is easily obtainable; the website Every Mac will also provide a LOT of information. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 7.19.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 7.21.32 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.