Is it worth getting a mac IT qualification?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dont own a MAC
Is it worth getting a mac IT qualification due to the lack of MAC techs & increasing demand?
Also if so What Qualification should I go for.

I have been working in IT for about 3 years on the Service desk also doing some infrastructure.

I Have MCDST, MCP,A+,Network+,CCA(Citrix cerified admin) & diploma in ICT
currently I am having a break from work whilst I get my Server 2008 MCSA , MCSE,MCTS & CCNA.

I Have notice a lot of jobs asking for mac experience offering between 85-129k just for a technicians job that would normally be like 45-65K because they are so limited.They even short listed me for a job when I have never even used a MAC before they are so desperate.

anyway there are other exams I will have to do first, But I am starting to serious consider this concept.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
I'd rethink the 2008 MCSA/MCSE since there is no such thing. MS restructured its training/testing certifications to now acknowledge the certification as an MCITP.

MCSA and MCSE are still available for 2003.

ACTC and ACSA are beneficial if you are planning on implementing and managing OS X servers. I doubt you will get a job solely based on an ACSP.

You don't sound like a hardware person so ACDT and ACPT are probably not for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
First thing you should learn is that MAC is short for Media Access Control. Mac is short for Macintosh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
First thing you should learn is that MAC is short for Media Access Control. Mac is short for Macintosh.

Considering the context of the post, I think you're being a little too critical, and I'm pretty sure everyone knew what was being referred to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Considering the context of the post, I think you're being a little too critical, and I'm pretty sure everyone knew what was being referred to.

LOL! If you say so. :Shouting:

OP
Deathrow_nzl
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dont own a MAC
I'd rethink the 2008 MCSA/MCSE since there is no such thing. MS restructured its training/testing certifications to now acknowledge the certification as an MCITP.

MCSA and MCSE are still available for 2003.

Yes I heard Something about them changing the name of MCSE to MCITP for 2008. Not sure if there is any major difference to MCSE or its just a funny Microsoft thing I am not to sure at this stage.

ACTC and ACSA are beneficial if you are planning on implementing and managing OS X servers. I doubt you will get a job solely based on an ACSP.

You don't sound like a hardware person so ACDT and ACPT are probably not for you.

You are absolutely right. I am more of a software person although I am also good at pulling stuff to bits & back together I try to avoid those jobs as I don't enjoy driving & being stuck in traffic for hours.

I will probably look into it once I finish my other exams:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.