Is it possible to install Mojave (32 Bit) and Monterey (64 Bit) on a 2013 Mac Pro?

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to install both Mojave (32 Bit) and Monterey (64 Bit) on a 2013 Mac Pro?

I would like to run apps like Adobe CS6 (32 Bit) as well as newer software like Microsoft Office 360 and the like (64 Bit).

If it is possible, how would I go about doing this? I have been a Mac User for decades, so I have legal access the downloads of both OS's.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.5 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
There was an answer on MacRumours, strangely enough;)

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I was wondering if it was possible to install both Mojave (32 Bit) and Monterey (64 Bit) on a 2013 Mac Pro?

Adding to Ian's excellent reply, you can add to your knowledge of your Mac Pro and its capabilities by selecting your exact model from this list and then reading up on all its specs from here:

Then bookmark the page for future reference.

- Patrick
=======

krs

Reaction score
There was an answer on MacRumours, strangely enough;)

Ian
I don't agree with part of the the answer on MacRumours, the bolded part, ie:
Mojave wasn't released until 2018, so it will work on a 2013 mp.
You would need to install one OS on an external drive.

Mojave is still 64 bit, it just runs 32 bit apps also.
One doesn't have to install one OS on an external drive.
I would just partition the internal drive and install one macOS on each partition.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I don't agree with part of the the answer on MacRumours, the bolded part, ie:

One doesn't have to install one OS on an external drive.
I would just partition the internal drive and install one macOS on each partition.
My thoughts exactly. As far as I know you can run both "Adobe CS6 (32 Bit) as well as newer software like Microsoft Office 360" on Mojave already which rums 32 and 64 bit apps natively.
If you want a later macOS like Monterey for other newer applications then I'd suggest you create a larger partition for Monterey and devote the Mojave partition to just Adobe CS6 and any other 32 Bit apps you want to keep running.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.