Is it just me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
I have never been a big fan of ATi video cards mainly due to their crummy drivers in windows. I am currently running a powermac g5 1.8 with the radeon 9600xt and am experiencing some weird problems. During gameplay for example, the video will get glitchy during the parts when there are no bots or anything graphics intensive. It also will not only happen then but during heavy gameplay. Does it on every resolution and fsaa settings. It's like it's a bad driver or something. Anyone remember how Doom3 played on the pc before the ati update? Kinda like that..Anyways, I've always been a fan of nvidia. Any comments on this guys? Nvidia vs ati?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Texasmeat said:
I have never been a big fan of ATi video cards mainly due to their crummy drivers in windows. I am currently running a powermac g5 1.8 with the radeon 9600xt and am experiencing some weird problems. During gameplay for example, the video will get glitchy during the parts when there are no bots or anything graphics intensive. It also will not only happen then but during heavy gameplay. Does it on every resolution and fsaa settings. It's like it's a bad driver or something. Anyone remember how Doom3 played on the pc before the ati update? Kinda like that..Anyways, I've always been a fan of nvidia. Any comments on this guys? Nvidia vs ati?
I always have a problem with those type of cards no matter what computer its in. In your case though it could be a bad card or driver. Not sure.

A

Animatronica

I havent had a problem with mine yet. I also have the 9600XT. ATI seems to be the only one that will work with my display. The Nvidia cards seem to display text as jagged and blurry despite the fact that i had the most recent drivers installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Animatronica said:
I havent had a problem with mine yet. I also have the 9600XT. ATI seems to be the only one that will work with my display. The Nvidia cards seem to display text as jagged and blurry despite the fact that i had the most recent drivers installed.
Yea... I guess with me its just a luck thing. Although, from what I hear, ATI is a great card. I just never get a good one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.