Is Apple my only option for a hi res MacBook?

Reaction score
I've been searching various internet sites that sell MacBook Pros, but I can't find any that sell the 17" MB Pro with the high res screen. Is Apple my only option to get this laptop with a high res screen, or am I just missing it in my searches?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Last I checked, the only screen option you have on the Macbook Pros is whether you want glossy or matte. I've never heard of a resolution option...

Reaction score
If u want the high-res screen, u either have to order online from Apple, my local apple store had them. You can also get them from MacMall.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Its an option only available on the new MacBook Pro' s 17 inch version only.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Its an option only available on the new MacBook Pro' s 17 inch version only.

I think that's pretty crappy too, considering there are 15" notebooks that have 1920X 1200 res. >_>"

OP
G
Reaction score
I should have been more specific, but 05GT answered my question.

Amazon, for example, has the 17" MacBook Pro (which is what I want) with the 1680 x 1050 resolution screen but not the 1920 x 1200 hi res screen. This seems to be the case for every website that sells the 17" Macbook Pro. I would like to buy from Amazon rather than Apple because they have a 24 months-no interest payment plan. Too bad: I'll just have to pony up all of the cash now.

From the Apple Store:

About display resolution
"The standard 1680 x 1050 resolution on the 17-inch MacBook Pro offers as many pixels as the 20-inch Apple Cinema Display.

By upgrading to the high-resolution 1920x1200 pixel display, you'll enjoy a workspace with 30% more pixels than the standard model, or as many pixels as the 23-inch Apple Cinema HD Display. You'll have more space for palettes and windows, and you can watch 1080 HD video content at full resolution.

The high-resolution display also offers LED backlighting, which delivers instant full-screen brightness and greater power efficiency compared to standard displays — up to an additional 30 minutes of battery life for wireless productivity."

OP
G
Reaction score
From the Apple Store:

About display resolution
"The standard 1680 x 1050 resolution on the 17-inch MacBook Pro offers as many pixels as the 20-inch Apple Cinema Display.

By upgrading to the high-resolution 1920x1200 pixel display, you'll enjoy a workspace with 30% more pixels than the standard model, or as many pixels as the 23-inch Apple Cinema HD Display. You'll have more space for palettes and windows, and you can watch 1080 HD video content at full resolution.

The high-resolution display also offers LED backlighting, which delivers instant full-screen brightness and greater power efficiency compared to standard displays — up to an additional 30 minutes of battery life for wireless productivity."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.